1991 Camry gas mileage

Me and my dad both have 1991 camrys, his with 283,000 miles and mine with 86,000 miles, but his gets 30 mpg while mine gets 25 at best. Does anyone know of any remedies for this problem.

Reply to
tcbluejayfan

You need some mainrtenance, Check timing, replace plugs , air filter, dragging brakes, bad wheel bearings a clogged catalist. Have you changed the trans and differential oil. Check compression and put on a scope and check emisions., firing voltage etc. Do plugs burn black and to rich?

Reply to
m Ransley

Me and my dad both have 1991 camrys, his with 283,000 miles and mine with 86,000 miles, but his gets 30 mpg while mine gets 25 at best. Does anyone know of any remedies for this problem.

---------------------------- Here's an interesting idea. Trade cars with your Dad - see how that affects mileage. Could be he still gets 30 mpg and you still get 25. Or maybe he'll get 28 and you'll get 27. I suspect driving style and habits are having an effect. By trading vehicles you would isolate this variable.

Reply to
Daniel

I like Daniel's idea.

There are so many variables to consider, including driving habits. Swapping cars is the cheapest way to eliminate a variable.

Reply to
Hopkins