1991 Camry won't idle

Need help.. I have 1991 Camry that won't idle after it warms up. It will run at highway speed but it stumbles some. The OBD I trouble code is 14. Which indicates an ignitor problem. It seems to me that if the ignitor was bad it wouldn't run at all. Any ideas? I live about 80 miles from the nearest dealer and am not sure it will make it. Any help/ideas appreciated

Reply to
glock230

well im no mechanic but im guessing the reason it wont idle is to keep it from overheading, pobly a temperautre sensor that knows the cars is hot so its like safety mechanism... might want to check all ur sensors... also are ur fans working??? bc the 2nd one should turn on once the car gets warmer... one good idea if u get ur prob fig is to upgrade to a lower temp. thermostat which will open up much sooner, thus cooling ur system much sooner. ur local autoparts store may have a few... who know, they might even give u some hints with ur prob. good luck

Reply to
NOSKiDD