1991 Toyota Camry Runs BUT Won't Go

1991 Toyota Camry Runs... Bought new Filter Pump, Cleaned Filter injector, new spark plug, but when pressing gas engine dies... Earlier today right after put in spark plug car finally would go but after a short drive around block it died out... had to push car back home... pushed car while it was running but on Neutral... and while pushing after a few yard engine died... did not even press gas... what is going on? By the way, before I had the key replaced car was doing great.... until replaced key engine keeps dying.. . could it be the key or something else?
Reply to
ShrewdPixie420

Cleaned Filter injector,

Reply to
ShrewdPixie420

PS. I forgot to mention that the Fuel Regulator has been taken care of too...

Reply to
ShrewdPixie420

It runs but when gas is put on it dies, I will bet its electrical, the coil , a common camry issue

Reply to
m Ransley

Just a complete guess obviously, - wondering if you may have exhaust restriction,like an internally collapsed muffler or catalytic converter creating excessive back pressure such that the car would idle but not run under load. To check you could attach a vacuum gauge to the intake manifold and start the engine. You should see good vacuum at idle. If you can get the engine to run while parked, raise the engine speed and the vacuum should stay constant at a given engine speed. If the vacuum begins to drop, could be a sign there's pressure building in the exhaust not letting it escape and killing the engine.

Reply to
Daniel