1992 Camry 6 cyl XLE stalls

Hi,

I am having a problem which I tried to search for but no related topic found.

My car has 162k miles, we've had it since 86k miles, most of these miles have been highway miles (from 86k to today)

Whenever I out the car in reverse the RPM drops and sometimes the engine stalls. Sometimes even when stopped, idleing, the engine stalls. Showed to to a few mechanics, everyone say something new, this

stupid mechanic just raised the idle causing higher RPM and high fuel consumption, even harder to brake!! despite him raising the RPM, its still stalling sometimes in reverse and at traffic lights, I have to shift it into neutral.

I have noticed that as soon as I start the car for the 1st time in the day, I dont have this problem for some time, as soon as I have driven it for a while, it starts stalling!!! so basically in the first 10-15 mins in the morning or initial driving, it usually does not cause trouble! later in the day or driving after the intial 10-15 mins it causes this problem!

I hope I have elaborated enough and I hope somone can give me some advice.

Thanks

cifp48

Reply to
cifp48