1992 Camry CSI Auto. Hesitation at low revs

I'm finding when I take off from the lights quite often I have a loss of power, it's as if I have to pull the accelerator back find the sweet spot where it can handle the pressure and begin increasiing revs. Ths can take quite a few seconds sometimes, and if going uphill can last for what seems like minutes with an embarrasing queue forming behind me. The spark plugs are only a few months old, I use premium fuel, I've put Spitfire through the fuel system to clean the injectors. Does anyone have any ideas, could it be the auto choke, and how can I check this?

Reply to
PIperdriver

Ribbet4

Also it could be a faulty spark plug lead

Garry

Reply to
Brooke Robinson

Plug Wires and cap/rotor. Old Hard plug wires can look fine, but deliver bupkis for spark. I know that sweet spot searching for thingie...make ya think "it can't be much wrong.." Had a '81 'rolla that did it. If not then Maybe... Catalytic Converter clogged??

Reply to
Chicken

Could be a bad coil too, and new plugs doesnt mean they are good, things get dropped. But start with wires cap and rotor, and try better gas. I dought its the choke

Reply to
m Ransley

Thanks for oyu rpointers guys, I put in new plugs today, also took the distributor cap off and sanded the points. Talk about awkward to get the cap off. Usually they have two clips right, this had three bolts two of which are invisible, and then had to move the air intake hose to get it out. Whew. Anyway, took it for a short test run and it seemed to not miss a beat. So that takes the embarassment out of driving. I now on

315,000 Km, so looks like I'll get a few more. Thanks again.
Reply to
PIperdriver