1992 CAMRY DX RADIATOR FANS---ON ALL THE TIME NORMAL????

OK, here is what happened in the past few days. My 1992 Camry DX was stored for a few years. Starting using it again and for four months it has run fine. This week it overheated. Took it to an independent shop and they said I needed a new radiator since the original had a leak. OK, I beleived them and they replaced it. Seems OK. The mechanic said there was nothing wrong with the fan yet the fan is always on now. Both the AC and radiator fan are on from the time I start the car and when driving. The temp guage is at just above the 1/4 mark which seems normal.

Before the radiator problem, I used to notice the fan cycling on and off which I think is normal. Now its always on. Did he hotwire it to be on all the time because I was sold a cheap radiator? The fan realay doenst work so the fan was hotwired? Why is the AC fan coming on when I dont have the AC on? By the way I never got the POS1 recall on the AC fixed. I dont think its relevant here but throw that out so somneone with a similar model or a Toyota mechanic can chine in. The vehicle was repaired at a AAA approved independent shop.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
RichKaranbach

They should come on only when the air conditioner is on or when the temperature sensor indicates the motor is getting to hot

Reply to
mark Ransley