1992 Camry Power Window Question

My drivers side switch for the drivers window is gone. I thought it was the motor/regulator and stupidly purchased one and installed it. Bummer, window still won't go up. so I jump the connector near the motor with battery power and the window goes up and down smoothly. Real bummer since I destroyed the old regulator when it pissed me off coming out. (I was sure it was bad so crunch... doh! when will I learn?)

I then removed the switch cluster from the panel and jumped all of the connections from my manual and sure enough there is no continuity between pins 6 & 7 when the switch is in the "up" position.

The manual is a bit fuzzy is its diagram as it says for this function... ____________ | | 7 | | 6 | and | | | 8 | ____________ UP o---o

So I tried the continuity between 6 and 7, 6 and 8, 6 and 7/8... no continuity for any.

Any way, my question is, can I buy the single window switch for the driver's window or an I screwed into buying a Toyota famous $1,000 integrated super switch block?

I love my wagon but have to consider that it is a 92 with 450,000 kms so I won't be spending a weeks pay for a single faulty switch for it.

BC

1992 Camry Wagon 450,000 kms (for the metrically challenged, 279,624.68 miles)
Reply to
Dash Riprock

camry is better in term of the stability and its very fast

regards free MMOG MOG

Reply to
iibm2323

camry is better in term of the stability and its very fast

regards free MMOG MOG

Reply to
iibm2323

You have to buy the complete master switch assembly around $400 their are no individual parts available

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

Try going to Radio Shack and buy a HD 12 volt toggle switch and rewire to suit your needs, it will look like hell but should be functional. good luck

Reply to
PaulT

Either get a switch from a junk yard or EBAY

} Or wire one of the rear window switched for the front windows.

Reply to
Paul A