1992 Toyota Camry Acts like a rev-limiter

I have a 92 Camry that is just driving me nuts! If you take out in it like an old man,no problem,But if you want to take out and wind it out,when the tach hits 4000 rpms,the engine gives up untill you let of the throttle.It will do this in any gear.As soon as the tach hits 4000 rpms, It acts like you have hit a rev-limiter and the engine fights itself and slows down.If your doing 65 mph,and you want to pass someone and kick it down,power will increase untill you hit 4000 rpms. The car has a 2.2 engine with an auto trans. I first removed the exhaust converter,to see if it was plugged,I put new plugs and wies in it. Next I changed out the pcm,And I still have the same thing.The only thing i see,is that it will only shut downthe power at 4000 rpms. I sure hope someone can help me, Even if you e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Thank you, Woody

Reply to
Wracefans24

===================================== Did you check the coil? Just guessing, obviously. Perhaps a weak spark works under light load but falls short of ability to perform under harder acceleration and higher speed.

Reply to
Daniel