1993 toyota camry 4 cyl ignition coil

I know this sounds dumb but I cant find where the ingition coil is at in my

1993 toyota camry 4 cyl Can anyone Help
Reply to
manieves via CarKB.com

Under the distributor cap? well it is on earlier models, clean it with alcohol, its a commom cause of poor running.

Reply to
m Ransley

What is the procedure for cleaning the COIL with alcohol?

Reply to
mrdarrett

Clean with a rag and alcohol, a spray electronics cleaner to get behind the coil is about all you can do. This is just what I tried out that helped. mechanics or a Toy dealer of course will say you need to replace it for 150$, why should they offer 5$ fix when they can get 100+

Reply to
m Ransley

Which spray electronics cleaner did you use? (Brand, where you got it from...?)

I don't remember ever seeing a spray alcohol bottle...

Reply to
mrdarrett

Reply to
johngdole

I would not buy a coil from anyplace but toyota. I bought and returned one at Autozone when the sales guy said they have a 2-3% failure rate. Just use rubbing or denatured alcohol to clean it, in spray I just meant spray electronics cleaner.

Reply to
m Ransley

AutoZone prices tend to be lower than other chains. But you're right, some of the stuff they carry are just what you pay for. But they've gotten better now.

As far as some of the name brand stuff, like Bilstein, Permatex, FelPro, Denso, AutoZone offers a good deal. The Bilstein you get there is just as good as the one from the factory ;)

m Ransley wrote:

Reply to
johngdole