1994 Camry; Engine Mounts-> is it DIY ??

Hi,

I have 1994 Camry LE with 157K mileage.

Recently Car is making lot of noise. During break service, technician identified that Enginer mounts are broken and need to be replaced. Following engine mounts are broken

  1. Bottom engine mount (next to radiator & enginer oil dip stick)
  2. Side mount (next to Timing belt case)..

Is it easy to replace these ??

Is it DIY type ?? ( my skill level: replaced starter, battery etc..)

How much these would cost ??

Appreciate your responses.

Regards, Rama

Reply to
Ramakrishna Devisetti

OK, I have 95 camry with 2.2L 4cyl engine, 246k current mileage. Have done all engine mounts myself some time ago, on the parking lot.

The most difficult one is the back one, behind the engine, next to the firewall. For this one you need a long extension for your socket wrench, preferably with two flexible joints to reach the mount from the top (hood) and not needing to disassembly the intake manifold. According to your mechanic you do not need this one, or

- your mechanic did not notice that it was in fact bad... It is possible he did not know there is another mount there :-)

In my car this one was bad, it was clear when I got it removed. But right before the job I decided to replace all of them, no matter if they need it or not. At my mileage (when I done this job was slightly less) they all were asking to be swapped anyway...

The top one, "wishbone" is the easiest, the front one is also in the open so no trouble, there is one more under the transmission, on the driver side, you might want to get this one, too. This one is easy, too...

Reply to
Pszemol