1995 Camry Security Questions

The other day I couldn't use the remote to open the car so I used the key and the alarm went off. I had no other option but to go home and get the spare remote.

Question 1: Is there a way of opening the car door with the key and not setting damn alarm off?

Question 2: When I purchase another remote how do I get the car security system to recognise it?

Many Thanks Ian

Reply to
Ian

Did you try a new battery? Much cheaper than buying a new remote and having the dealer set it up.

The last battery I bought was 10 bucks -- a new remote is, I believe, about 20 bucks. Then you have to pay the shop to set it up to work with your car.

If that happens again, to disarm the alarm all you have to do turn the ignition to the ON position twice.

The only way to avoid setting the alarm off when opening the door with a key is to have the alarm is set to "passive" [or automatic] -- there's a 15 second delay between the time you open the door with a key and the time the alarm sounds.

Reply to
Hopkins

Hi, The standard remote for this car appears to be a totally sealed unit and I dont think the battery is replaceable. That is why I was going to buy a new remote and why I needed to know how to get the security system to recognise it.

Also what are the different alarm modes for this vehicle and what is the process of selecting each one.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Totally sealed?

Mine is a '93 and has 2 tiny screws on the back. It makes no sense that the remote battery can't be replaced. I'd call a service shop and ask, just to be sure.

I think your alarm is like mine, so read my posts on the following thread....

Hopkins