1995 camry warning light

I have a 1995 Camry and there is an Amber colored light coming on, it is a car that has 3 rays coming off the back of the car (on each side where the tail lights would be) I have checked the break lights and the backing lights but there is no problem with them, does anyone have any idea what this light means?? thanks so much

Reply to
capt_sparrow67

Have your brakes checked.

Reply to
badgolferman

Its actually a common problem on these vintage Camry's. Its the taillight failure sensor. If all your taillights work and the warning light comes on, you need to replace the sensor. I found out about it on

-JCM900

Reply to
JCM900

This light comes on whenever my brake pads need to be replaced. If you can hear a slight sreeching noise when you use your brakes, then it's more than likely you need to replace the pads. It could be another issue with you brakes of course, like the handbrake or the drum brakes, but the symbol you described is related only to the braking system. Hope this helps you.

on,

the

Reply to
RW

Here is the link and text of what I found from Carpoint.

A common problem on this vehicle is failure of the Tail Light Failure Sensor.The cost to repair the Tail Light Failure Sensor is estimated at $140.00 for parts and 32.50 for labor. All prices are estimates based on $65 per flat rate hour and do not include diagnostic time or any applicable sales tax.

Check your manual or cruise Google for "Camry Warning Lights" and you will see that this symbol only refers to the brake and tail lights not the brake pads.

-JCM900

than

you

taillight

is

what

begin 666 R.gif M1TE&.#EA$ `/`+,``/_VZ.LP'K@4"]>*>?1'->)43?ZEEON-@O^VI/5K8?=; M/M:WJ[Q ,_G=S]*HE9$#`B'Y! ``````+ `````0``\```1U\#1$JZG(E#=0 M^HDB*H5"$ )GA!\A$L6)

Reply to
JCM900

Check the wiring at the trunk hinge. Move the wiring bundle while observing the dash to see if the warning light goes off. Repeated flexing can weaken and break some of the strands within one wire - enough to trigger the warning light. Also check the high mounted brake lamp, plus all the tail lights. If you've recently changed any bulbs, make sure they all match and are the correct amperage.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

I recently had this warning light come on in my 98 le. I found that it was the brake light on the rear deck.

Reply to
Gary Denis