1995 Totota Camry (vienta) central locking / alarm problem

Hi all,

I've got a 1995 toyota camry (vienta). When I got into the car earlier this evening I noticed that the relay that drives the central locking (I presume anycase) that lives behind the glove box was constantly clicking and clicking, and clicking!

The central locking button doesn't do anything when I press it. Awhile back the alarm started to go off for no reason - I noticed that the rear passenger door (drivers side) was locking and unlocking itself presumably setting off the alarm. I'm guessing now that the problem with the central locking is somehow an extension of that.. It's almost like the alarm system is continually trying to lock the doors. Quite annoying when you're driving along!

Anycase, I started to just lock the car by pressing the central 'lock' button and didn't bother using the keyfob to activate the alarm. Now that won't work either!

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to fix the problem? If there is a way to deactivate the alarm / immobiliser I'm happy to do that. I've tried 'resetting' the car by taking the battery off but that didn't do anything. I connected it back up and the relay started to fire off again after a few moments.

thanks to anyone who has any suggestions.

Dray.

Reply to
buxtona

Hi,

In case anyone else comes across this, I managed to fix the problem. The door sensors were full of crud. I removed each of the door closing censors and sprayed a good load of WD-40 in them which cleaned them out and made them work properly again.

Reply to
Dray