1996 Camry DX My Brakes Keep Locking Up

I had loaded calipers put on because the brakes kept locking up. I then took it to a shop to have them put on a new flex hose. I was only having this problem w/ the front driver side. When I picked it up from the shop, not only did they not call me before they so called fixed the front passenger side. But after I picked it up and went down the street, both sides locked up. I called the shop back and they came out picked uo the car and by the time they got it back to the shop. My pads had burned into the rotars. My calipers had also burned out or whatever. This was all in a course of 3 days and $611.00 later. My brakes are still locking however not as quick. I am still experiencing where I could feel the pressure building up through my brake pedal, wich is when they lock. I was told that I may need a proportion valve. I am tired of the problem and not only do oI not want to pay for anything else, but the person was not sure that was what I needed. PLEASE HELP ME! Thanks.

Reply to
face2face

I may be off base here, but it seems something is actuating the brakes; I would have a good look at the master cylinder, but my first thought before that was the proportioning valve...

Reply to
hachiroku

If only the fronts are locking I doubt its the proporrtioning valve. I'm not all that familiar with the Camry system but the valve should only limit pressure to the rear brakes. Since you had the flex hoses changed the next most likely culprit would be the master cylinder or booster. If your repairman is just guessing and changing parts bring it to another shop.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch