1996 camry LE 4 CYCLINDER Starting Problem

Hi,

I did not start my car for about two weeks. I started it on the day before yesterday and it did not start at all. I switched the battery with my other car and it started right away. I bought a new battery and put it in the car. The car is starting good. My question is that how can I know that it was the old battery problem and not something else?

Please advice! Thanks John

Reply to
john

You might be leaking current because of a ground fault somewhere. The way to test for this is to shut the car off and put an ammeter in series with the positive terminal of the battery. You should see something like tens of milliamps but not much more than that.

Reply to
Nobody Important

Hi, I will do it today. If there is a current leak then how will it get fixed. Thanks John

Reply to
john

I'd say you shouldn't worry about it unless you find that the leakage current is relatively high. How high is that? It depends how long you normally park the vehicle for. You don't want the charge in the battery to drop much below 80% at any time, because its life will be radically shortened.

To find the leak, you pull half the fuses and see if the leak disappears. If so, you know that the leak is somewhere in the circuits of the fuses you pulled. Replace half of the fuses you pulled. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Reply to
Nobody Important