1998 Camry LE Front Turn Signal Lense Removal?

I have a 1998 Camry LE. Don't have a manual of any type but my driver's side front turn signal bulb is dead...

I have the new bulb... How do I get the plastic lens off?

Thanks for ANY help you can offer...

--
Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

You don't take the lens off. You get at the bulb from the rear (you have to open the hood). You may have a hard time without the owners manual, so see if you can borrow one or glance at one in that they let you look at in the parts department. There are only a few drawings, but the do help. Any Camry owners manual from 1997-2000 (maybe 2001 ?) will be fine.

You might also try your public library (Chilton's ?).

Make sure you bend the socket contacts out so they make better contact with the bulb. It is possible that your current bulb may not even be burned out.

Reply to
Mark A

I can't see getting to it from the rear unless you go through the wheel well... The car's electronic package and battery block access from the inside most efficiently. :)

I'll check for a manual somewhere in the next few days. I just wanted to get the bulb fixed while there was still daylight today... :(

Joe - V#8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com Northern, NJ Ride a Motorcycle? Ask me about "The Ride"

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Have unwanted music CDs or DVDs of any type? I can use them for our charity. eMail me privately for details. Donation receipts available.

Reply to
Joe