1998 Camry rain gutters?

Hi All,

I drive a 1998 Camry LE in a northern state. Frequently in the winter time snow and ice will accumulate on the roof of the car. As the car warms up and the ice melts water drips on the arm rest if I open the drivers side window - even a crack. Apparently Toyota didn't think rain gutters were a good idea. Has anyone had this problem and if so how can it be solved? I have seen stick-on wind deflectors that might work but was wondering if there may be something better out there. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, NRJ

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson

Check out the Weathertech vent visors at McNeil Accessories -- no sticky tape is needed!

Wolfgang

We Northerners usually learn young to brush ALL snow and loose ice off ALL of the car before driving off.

Reply to
Chaks

This Northerner has always driven cars with rain gutters and never had to worry about water dripping from the roof right onto the power window controls....

And what do I do when it rains?

NRJ

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson

Well, I drive a 99 Camry and have had no trouble, winter or summer with water dripping from the roof onto anything. Go figure.

Reply to
Charks

My 99 will drip water into the car when the window is open--it can't be good for the window controls if there is a lot come in or if the window is left open. I think the answer is the rain shields that were mentioned in an earlier post on this topic.

Speaking of moisture, several days ago the sun seemed nice and warm despite the freezing temp so I reached up and pushed the button to slide open the moon roof. Never looked up at it and I was inundated with a ton of snow. What a mess! Never open the roof with the inner shield closed is my lesson there. I felt like a real fool going home soaking wet. Told my wife about it and she said I was really acting my age. :o)

Mike The Artful Codger

Reply to
Artfulcodger

The standard comment, eh? Doctor, it hurts when I raise my arm. Doctor replies: then don't raise your arm (or open your window when it is wet out).

Reply to
Charks