1999 Camry Clock not working

Hello.

I recently replaced the light bulbs for the A/C indicators (below my CD player). This involved removing the panel cover, the radio, and the A/C controls. I managed to do this OK, but when I put everything back together, the clock stopped working.

I took everything back apart and checked for any loose wires that I may have inadvertantly knocked loose while replacing the bulbs, but I didn't see any. All other devices on that circuit seem to work perfectly, but I checked the fuses anyway. Both fuses associated with the clock (the panel fuse and the one under the hood) were fine - I tested them with a multimeter. I even tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, hoping that the clock would reset after reconnecting it.

I'm at a loss here - it's not the fuse, and there don't seem to be any loose connections. I know the clock worked before. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John

Either it was just the clock's time to go, and you kinda 'nudged' it a little, or a wire snapped internally, either in the insulation or, more likely, at the ckt board inside the clock. Time to go junkyard diving, see if you can find one you verify works and try it. Shouldn't be more than $12...

Reply to
hachiroku

Reply to
test

Hello.

I have not actually checked the lighter or DC plug, because I don't have a lighter (I bought the car used and it didn't come with one - since I never need a lighter, I haven't bothered to replace it). I know other things on that same circuit work (I checked the manual to find what circuit the clock is on, and noticed several other things on that circuit were all working). I physically checked both fuses with a meter - they were fine.

Reply to
John