1999 camry door lock fault

I have an intermittent fault with the drivers side rear door lock. The solenoid will work fine for ages but then will not lock or unlock. Sometimes slamming the door will cure it for a while.

I have run test wires from the solenoid side of the connector and power is always getting there.

Toyota say they have never had to sell a door lock solenoid and as they cost a lot I am reluctant to get one if I have overlooked something. The solenoid is sealed something like a plug pack.I prised it apart using a chisel and all seems ok inside. Perhaps he little electric motor is intermittent.I cannot get it to fail on the bench. Any comments? John

Reply to
John

Sounds more like a gummed up mechanical part. Try cleaning and lubricating the mechanical lock mechanism.

Reply to
Shydog

John, From past experience I think your problem is with the door lock solonoid These are expensive on Toyotas. Have you checked for a good used one there? Sometimes they check good on the bench because it is not the same position it is in when it is in the car. I suspect yours has a poor seal and moisture has gotten in. Good Luck. Scott

Reply to
zonie

Reply to
parklights

Reply to
parklights

I suspect that I have similar problem.Is the motor and solenoid one and same thing. Where are they located in the car.

Reply to
Jamine