1999 Camry LE - Air Problem

Hello -

I have a 1999 Toyota Camry LE (4 cyl) and recently noticed that when I turn on the air (hot or cold), unless the knob is in slot 3 or 4, there is no air coming out of the vents.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
vikasagarwal79

bad switch

Reply to
m Ransley

I mean the switch you need to put on 3-4 is bad

Reply to
m Ransley

Thanks for responding. Does it cost a lot to replace the switch or is it fairly inexpensive ?

Reply to
vikasagarwal79

More likely the resistors. Search this group for "fan resistor" and you should find what you need.

Reply to
Daniel

no it isn't the switch or anything else. It's quite common with Toyotas. Classic sign of a bad BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR. Costs at the most $50.00 and is quite easy to install. It's on the side of the blower motor which is under the passanger side dash. Two screws it's out and plug in and fasten those screws

Reply to
Bartramo25