1999 Camry Le V6 Front End Rattle

I have a rattle on the front right of my 99 Camry that can only be heard at at certain speeds and on certain types of bumps. I have heard a little about the Upper Strut Mount issue with Camry 99 but I would apprecaite any insight anyone can provide about this problem. I don't want to go to a Toyota Dealer and get ripped off if I don't have a clue about what is going on. Thanks for your insight/comments!!!

Reply to
PKUEHL

Yup, its the strut tower problem... They finally got the new tower part after 2000 I think. My 97 had that horrible rattle since new. I had new towers put in and factory shocks and it was perfect now. I think the towers are about $70 each..

Reply to
ROBMURR

Is the Strut Tower the same as the Strut Mount?

Reply to
PKUEHL

They will know what it is by calling it the tower or mount, they should they have replaced thousands of them by now.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Is this an American car. I have a similar problem with mine, 99 Camry Conquest V6 sedan, Australian. Had struts replace all round, and sway bar rubbers. Now I have a small clunk at slow speeds. I thought it might be brake pads loose in the calipers. Can you replace the strut tower mount separately? Lyle.

Reply to
Shydog

i work at a dealer. its probably the front upper strut mounts ive dont hundreds of them

Reply to
toyotawiz

My mechanic called them sway bushings. They sound horrible but he told me that I could go awhile before they were replaced. Sort of sounds like something hitting occassionally at random times. I forget the costs but I think it was over $100.

Reply to
kiselink