1999 Camry Mirror Replacement (made by Power Pro)

I just purchased a "Power Pro" replacement power mirror for the driver's side of our 1999 USA-made (Kentucky) Camry. The vendor swore up and down that it will work perfectly for all USA made cars. Well, it fit perfectly but the spacing of the pins in the electrical connector were too far apart. In addition, the old connector has a yellow, purple, and blue wire while the replacement connector has a green, white, and yellow wire in the respective locations. Would it be safe to cut and splice these wires such that I can reuse the old connector with the replacement mirror?

Reply to
O.B.

I did exactly that.

Reply to
badgolferman

OK ... it works, but the mirror moves in the opposite direction than what was pressed. (i.e. Push up makes the mirror go down, Push left makes the mirror go right, etc). I can live with that.

Reply to
O.B.

Take it back out and reverse the power wires. It's not hard to disassemble the mirror from the door.

The one I had to play with had a four wire connector and my car had a three wire connector. I just had to figure out which were the two ground wires.

Reply to
badgolferman

That was fun. Reversing the power wires was interesting. When I press up, the mirror moved right. Down moved left. Right moved up. Left moved down. I'm thinking the polarity is reversed. I'll stick to the previous wiring for now.

Another odd thing is the ROAD NOISE. Upon inspection, the new replacement mirror leaves the oval opening wide open for road noise to pass through. I'll pick up a can of spray foam tomorrow and fix that.

Reply to
O.B.

Well, the darn thing fell off the car today. The bracket and screws were still attached to the vehicle body. This is the worst piece of craftsmanship. Hopefully they'll give me a refund.

Reply to
O.B.