1999 camry power assist

I have noticed that my camry's steering has become slightly harder to rotate. I checked under the hood and the power steering fluid was full and I did not find any apparent oil leaks. Do you have any ideas of what might be wrong? Is it safer to drive the camry under these conditions?

-Thanks

Reply to
hontoy

Make sure your front tyres are not under-inflated. It is possible for steering effort to increase if there are failing valves in the rack-power unit. It is an expert's job to properly diagnose and repair.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Might want to check the drive belt, also - for tension and condition.

While perhaps not contributing to hard steering, never hurts to check the conditon of the fuild also.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus