1999 Camry trunk release

Everything in the trunk area looks normal. I suspect a electrical problem Maybe even the motor that operates the trunk release. Any chance of getting a wiring diagram? I have a multi-meter which I know how to use.

From: "m Ransley" Subject: Re: 1999 Camry remote trunk release broke. Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:27 AM

Open the trunk and look at the cable

Reply to
davsec

There's no motor, unless your Camry is different from mine. The release works the same way that the brakes on your bicycle do; there's a (non-electrical) cable that runs from under the driver's seat to the trunk release. Have a look at it.

FYI, there's a link to the factory service manual on the forums at toyotanation.com. (The thread is called "Gen 4 and 5 repair manuals". Yours is a Gen 4.)

Reply to
Nobody Important

Hello,

I could not locate the links for service manuals. Can you please post the link here or tell me how exaclty to locate it?

TIA

Nobody Important wrote:

Reply to
vktechmails

It's one of the readmes near the top of the page at:

The thread is called "Read Me: Gen 4 and 5 repair manuals".

Reply to
Nobody Important