1999 Solara Starting Problems

1999 Solara stalls when starting after sitting for 8 plus hours. I must keep the engine running with foot on gas until I drive for short distance (200 feet)then car runs fine. after 200 feet engine idles at 1800 while cold like it aways has and drops to correct idle speed after warming up. It does this at 40 Deg F and 70 Deg F, no difference. Owned the car since new and has 140,000 miles on it.
Reply to
SolaraProblems

Hello,

I am pretty sure if you clean the throttle body with a cleaner like GUMOUT or STP throttle body cleaner the problem will go away. Search in this newgroup and you will find directions on how to do it.

Recently I had this problem on my '99 Camry and after cleaning the problem went away.

HTH, vk

SolaraProblems wrote:

Reply to
vktechmails