2000 Camry 60K Mile Service Question

I have a question about the service at 60K miles. I currently have a 2000 LE with the 5SFE engine. I'm at 51K miles now and I don't have an owners manual. I trying to find out what is done for the 60K mile service, and if I can do it myself, like no special tools needed.

Thanks, HG

Reply to
HG

Try -

They give idea of cost to perform too.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Is the maintenance those dealers show from the owners manual? It seems like an awful lot of stuff.

Here is a tip: Get the service manual from Toyota. I got one for my father. I think it was less than $5.

Do what is in the manual. If the dealer suggests anything else, ask why. There may be a Toyota TSB to support something more, but mostly, dealers concoct generic lists that include all kinds of stuff. Forget it!!!!!! As a consumer journalist, I did a big story on this for my last newspaper. It is amazing what extra stuff dealers come up with and, sometimes, the stuff they leave out.

Get the manual, figure out what you can do yourself, have the rest of the stuff done piecemeal. Comparison shop. Don't mention 30,000, 60,000 or any other thousand-mile check. And don't even CONSIDER using the word tune-up, which, for today's cars, means: I don't knowing anything about today's cars, so I'm ripe for plucking.

Good luck.

Reply to
Anthony Giorgianni