2000 Camry Le error codes - P0420 & P0441

My check engine light has been coming on for about a year with always the same code. This started one morning after I had added gas and drove for about 50 miles.

The dealer replaced the 1st 0xygen sensor, light went off. 2 weeks later, light on, changed 2nd sensor. Month later on rainy day, light comes back on P0420.

Bought an OBDII reader to turn off the light. I drive like 110 miles daily (highway), started at about 95000, now have 128000. Light comes usually comes on after fill up at around 105 miles, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Today, I get a new code! A P0441 for the purge flow. A mechanic recently suggested that it could be the mass airflow sensor.

Any ideas if the 2 are related? Any suggestions? One toyota mechanic says it must be the catalytic converter ($1100+), but if they are not sure, then I hate to get it done. They haven't been right so far.

Any insight appreciated!!

Reply to
kydan47

Try posting to: