2000 XLE V6 Camry Hood Strut

Can anyone give me the instructions to replace the hood strut and where to get a quality replacement parts? The genuine Toyota parts cost $120 Canadian each, which is ridiculous.

Thanks.

Reply to
aiuser

aiuser wrote: The genuine Toyota parts

== I purchased the genuine Toyota set for $89.90 USD last year online. ($44.95 each) from

old struts had begun allowing the hood to drop in colder weather.Now they spring upward instead. Big difference and exact replacementfit at brackets.

Reply to
Daniel

Yeah, CDN$120 each is ridiculous.

lists it for $13.38. SACHS Part # SG329011 {Ball Socket End Fittings: 14" Ext. 10" Compr. Length} USA Built

lists Strong Arm Lift Support: Gas-Charged #4326 Hood; 2 Required for $38.99 each. 1 year warranty.

If you have NAPA in Canada check with them too. In the US they carry quality aftermarket stuff.

Reply to
johngdole