2001 Camry Service Schedule

I have a 2001 Camry LE with 64,000 miles (80% highway). I've done virtually no maintenance except regular oil changes and I changed my transmission fluid about 2,000 miles ago. The car runs great with no problems.

My question is what sort of service should I be thinking about doing in the near future?

Thanks.

Reply to
Randy Minder

Geeze another one that came from the factory without the owner's manual in the glove box. Its a good place to start - just avoid the costly dealer add ons that are a waste of your $$$.

Reply to
Wolfgang

"just avoid the costly dealer add ons that are a waste of your $$$."

That's exactly why I asked the question. I wanted to know what's really necessary and what's designed to generate Toyota more money. If you have a more useful answer, I would like to hear it.

add

Reply to
Amos Soma

My 01 Camry warrantee runs out on 5/15 so I took it to the dealer and asked for whatever was needed. Current millage is about

21,000. He changed the antifreeze, transmission fluid, rotated the tires, change the oil and filter, changed the air filter, inspected the brakes and adjusted the emergency brake. Cost was 267. Until this service, I had only rotated the tires, change the oil and filter, and had the 25 point free inspection every six months (they use the Ford check list). I told them I intended to do the same for the next three years.

snipped-for-privacy@att.net Rochester Minnesota USA

Reply to
Glenn Pooler

Might want to check the battery electrolyte level before you fry your battery. While you are under the hood, spring for the 4 dollars for a PCV valve; use a turkey baster and suck out some of the power steering fluid and replace.

You might want to have the brake fluid changed and save yourself the cost of new calipers if you intend to keep the car for a few years.

'Bout time for new antifreeze.

Hopefully you have changed your air filter in the past 60K miles. Otherwise you are long overdue.

Reply to
David