2001 toyota camry stalling

Got a strange problem with this camry with only 50k miles on it. It stalls and dies after the engine is warmed up. Car will restart and drive again as long as it is not idling.

I do not think it is the fuel filter because it drives fine. No error codes show up on the computer.

I searched the internet and a few folks mentioned a common EGR problem. It seemed to me that this would show up on the computer if the EGR is stuck.

I could use ideas.

Reply to
doanh

Try cleaning the Idle Air Control valve(IAC), it sounds as if it could be stuck. To do that, remove the air hose from the throttle body opening, looking into the openning you will see a "squarish" hole on the bottom front of the throttle body. With the engine off, spray Throttle Body or fuel injector cleaner into that opennig(DO NOT USE carburator cleaner- make sure it says on the can that it is safe for oxygen sensors) let it sit awhile and soak, if you can get access to the IAC electrical connector you could exercise it while the valve ia soaking(I do it by removing the connector, and providing 12v to the 2 pins, but my car is a '97- I don't know the 2001) and than start the engine. you might as well clean the throttle dody cavity while you are at it, especially where the throttle valve makes contact with the body. you may have to repeat it a few times. HTH JerryR

Reply to
yjrybano2spam

Would this also help that the RPM are racing up to 1 to2 and it fills like the accelerator is stuck when I am at a red light?

Reply to
Cindy