2002 Camry bad starting motor

My 2002 Camry wouldn"t start. i thought it could be a problem with the smart key or remote keeping the engine immobilized because the auto door lock feature would not work when I walked away from the car. Now I'm told I need a new starting motor. How doe a bad starting motor also stop the auto door lock from working? Could it be something simpler? Thanks.

Reply to
bobk via CarKB.com

In most cases this is caused by a discharged battery.

Reply to
Ove Delin

The battery is not discharged.

Reply to
bobk via CarKB.com

Are you *sure* it's not discharged?

Sure, the voltage might read 12V while not under a load, but once you put a load on it, if the voltage drops significantly, then you have a discharged battery...

Well, take it to a second mechanic and see what they say...

Reply to
mrdarrett

I bet a bad battery or corrosion on the terminals. Corrosion causing poor voltage cant be seen you need to remove the cable and clean the wire terminal and battery terminal. 4 years can be common for a battery to go bad, ive had them go bad in 6 months. The starters last over

100000m so I dought the starter. Check battery and charge system, My shops always do it free, because they sell you the battery. Sounds like a hack is diagnosing the car.
Reply to
m Ransley

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: snip

You're right on this. A weak or shorted cell can do this as well. Dave

Reply to
davidj92