2002 Camry no braking

I have a 2002 Camry - V4. It has about 110K miles on it.

I got into the car this afternoon and tried to start it. The brake did not work and I noticed the oil indicator lit up. I tried to put the car in reverse, but the car started going forward. Scared I shut the car down and restarted it. Everything was fine from then on.

Any comments on why that may have happened?

- Amar.

Reply to
amarsesh

Your calendar is on the wrong page. It's not April Fool's Day.

Reply to
jim menning

wondering if someone died in your car while they were building it and their ghost is haunting the car. Just wierd. (you weren't drunk when you got in it were you?J/K)

Reply to
runsrealfast

Good one! I wish I could say I was drunk at that time!

I am concerned about why the car behaved weird. I use this car for work and school (about 150 miles a day) and hence am trying to find out what may have happened.

- Amar.

Reply to
amarsesh

Have you had other strange experiances recently.

Reply to
m Ransley

Nope. None at all.

Reply to
amarsesh

Maybe the "computer" is hosed. Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Reapplying power will cause the various microprocessors to initialize.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Stubby

The 2002 has a brake assist system. Maybe it's malfunctioning, instead of boosting pressure it leaked out all pressure. Dunno.

If you were sober and sane ;) Then I suggest reporting to NHTSA. That can be a serious safety hazard. Besides, they may investigate it for free.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Are you sure the engine was running? Oil pressure light, no vacuum for the brake booster, no juice to keep the car from rolling when the parking pawl is disengaged? Those Camrys are awful quiet. I know I've ground the flywheel with the starter once or twice over the years. We've all had "one or two" (read: crap-faced) and become panic stricken when the engine doesn't start after we forget to turn the key all the way, don't worry. Are you drinking right now?

Reply to
qslim

Thats what it sounds like, the motor was not running, was the radio on too.

Reply to
m Ransley