2002 Camry paint chiping

My 2002 is plagued with road chips on the front and hood. Car has less than

15,000 miles and many more chips than on my old 1987 Camry with 150,000.. Is this a comon problem to be expected....or is this something Toyota is aware of and covered under silent warranty. I don't drive on gravel roads or under conditions that would cause this to happen. Thanx for any replies.

Marty

Reply to
Marty009

In '87 EPA was not yet protecting us from hazardous paint fume emissions -- new paint is more environmentally friendly and less durable. I used to paint cars in my garage with acrylic lacquer -- can't even buy other than primer now in lacquer! Manf don't seem to do much unless the paint roll off in huge sheets (grey, blue , silver frequently on older fords and chryslers). If its not too late get some 3M protective foilm (clear tape) from an autobody and paint supply shop.

than

Is

aware of

Reply to
Wolfgang

same problem I have with my 2002 Camry as well with about 50,000 miles. I figure let the thing get all chipped up and in the end, repaint the whole car when the time comes.

Reply to
Car Guy

Ditto here on my white 97 Camry I touch up the bad spots with the touch up paint and wax it...

Reply to
ROBMURR

The same thing is happening to my 2003 white camry. Makes me want to cry. The front end especially looks spotted from all the chips. I do not drive on gravel roads either, so this is very disheartening. My Pontiacs never chipped like this. This was my first Toyota. Is anything like this covered on the bumper to bumper warranty? Should be if it isn't - especially on the newer cars.

Reply to
Sparki

They tell me this is a problem with Camry's. Mine has a lot more on it for the mileage than my Dodge Van did. Not very happy with that either.

Reply to
Russel

Same here with 2002, white paint. Went ahead and bought a bra, but that doesn't correct the problem, only "masks it". This is my first Toyota, and will be a consideration when I buy again.

Don

than

Is

aware of

Reply to
john smith

john smith wrote: || Same here with 2002, white paint. Went ahead and bought a bra, but || that doesn't correct the problem, only "masks it". This is my first || Toyota, and will be a consideration when I buy again. || || Don ||

Same here with 1999 white paint. However, bras suck. They have to removed before any washing and also trap grit underneath which abrades the finish. Clear 3M type sheeting is the best way to prevent.

Reply to
Flounder

I'm seeing the same thing with a 2004 with 7k miles. My 9year old taurus doesn't have this many chips.

-- " "

Reply to
Zekers!