2002 Camry Panasonic Battery.

Does anyone know the specs on the Panasonic battery in a 2002 Camry 2.4L? Cold cranking amps is what I am looking for, and it is a Canadian car. Dealer can't tell me anything. Thanks.

PJH

Reply to
P J H

Car Guy

Mine turned over awfully slow last winter, even with 5W30 100% Synthetic. Dipped to -50 with the wind chill at night where I work. Want to get a bigger battery but would like to know what size I have first.

Reply to
P J H

I see you are in Calgary. That would explain it.

If you find out what type battery exists in your car, you can forward this into to me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

I believe Toyota Canada has 2 types of batteries: The std. and the heavy duty. You might want to look into this. Also, a engine block heater and battery blanket would help as well when its -50.

Reply to
Car Guy

Maybe you should consider using 0w30 for those harse winter months. At that temp, the car is going to naturally start slower. I think it is hard for any battery to perform well at that temp. -50 is down there!

Scot

Reply to
Scot

Put in the biggest battery you tray will hold, I did this, the battery is 15% larger, it helpes. And get the highest cca for that size. It cost me 110us. But now it cranks at -20, before it barely did.

Reply to
mark Ransley

Windchill shouldn't affect startup. Only actual temperature will affect the ability of the engine to turn over.

Reply to
David Cutler