2002 Camry surging

Hi

I bought this car a year ago and everything ran fine for the first 10 months I owned it. Now the car surges or stumbles on low throttle after it warms up. This is particularly noticeable when the cruise control is engaged. It occurs most often when going downhill. It also occurs on low throttle without having the cruise engaged. Again it seems more noticeable when driving downhill. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what this might be? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Some 2007 Camrys are having problems with hesitation. A TSB was about reprogramming the electronic throttle and it went all the way back to

2002. Guess Toyota is not about fixing problems.

The TSB some reported didn't fix the problem in some 07s. Maybe the 07 U-series transmissions are skipping gears too. The tranny TSB calls for replacing the gear skippers with whole new transmissions -- that's the only fix until the new one craps out after warranty ($$$$$).

Google shows:

Hi, I purchased a new 2007 Toyota Camry LE in August '06. I experienced the same hesitation problem on acceleration that many others have expressed. Toyota issued a TSB on the problem which involves recalculating the computer. My dealer performed the proceedure and my car now runs fantastic. The difference is amazing. Performance is outstanding. A family member drove it and could not believe it was a 4 cylinder-thought is was a v-6. Anyone having the hesitation problem should return to the dealer and have this done. Hope this helps others with this problem. CM Pinellas Park, Fl

Reply to
johngdole

I bought this car a year ago and everything ran fine for the first 10 months I owned it. Now the car surges or stumbles on low throttle after it warms up. This is particularly noticeable when the cruise control is engaged. It occurs most often when going downhill. It also occurs on low throttle without having the cruise engaged. Again it seems more noticeable when driving downhill. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what this might be? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dave

Reply to
odyssey