2002 Camry XLE - Check Engine light is illuminated & speedometer not working correctly

My 2002 Camry XLE has 50,000 miles. Few weeks ago, the Check Engine light started coming on intermittently and the speedometer was also not working (jerking and even showing zero at times). Are these two problems related? Can I check something myself, a fuse or something? Are these speedometers driven by cables or by electrical signals? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rocky

Reply to
rockychill

There's a 3-wire electrical cable that probably comes off the transmission. Your problem might be as simple as that cable having come loose.

Reply to
Nobody Important

Also go to your local AutoZone (or other parts stores) that have OBD- II readers available. Read off the code and let us know what it is.

Reply to
johngdole

I got the car diagnosed at AAMCO and they said the Transmission Speed sensor is bad. Do you guys know if that's something that I can replace myself or should I get professional help? Thanks

Reply to
Rocky

I called Toyota and they said it's not. The dealer also said the same.

Reply to
Rocky