2002 V6 (1MZ-FE) - extreme cold weather problem

When the weather is really cold my Camry has no 'power' when I initally start the car. There is no problem starting, but until it warms up the top speed is about 15 km/hour. Once warmed up the car has full power. The check engine light comes on. I need to stop/start the ignition to turn it off.

This happened twice during winter 2002/2003. Toyota replaced the throttle body which was supposed to fix the problem. The same thing happened again last week. Now Toyota says there is a 'new' throttle body I need. This should fix the problem.

Anyone having the same problem? Is there a service bulletin for this?

Reply to
Chris Z

I have the exact same problem, they have replaced my car's throttle body with the redesigned one last winter, but i got the exact same problem agian this winter, my dealer knows nothing, they told me they will install a redesigned one they are not sure if it is the same like what they installed last year or not

anyone knows more information regarding this problem

Reply to
Mohammed Mostafa