2003 4 cyl Automatic Camry-ATF change? Coolant change?

My son lost the book to his car, and we'd like to keep up with these items.

Does anyone know the factory schedule on them?

The car's got 60k miles now (bot used),

TIA

Reply to
Bob H

Get a book, If you havnt changed it go ahead, Drop the trans pan and do the filter. Flush the cooling and use distilled water, Do the differential, also, But get a book you are missing alot.

Reply to
m Ransley

hbuck

Sorry, this should work:

BTW, you can download a full maintenance schedule up to 120k mi. in PDF format on this site.

Reply to
hbuck

Good advice.....been meaning to do this myself (in the past, I've had the dealer do the complete transmission and coolant service, but no reason I can't do it myself).

Was wondering, however, if I change the transmission fluid --- do I need a replacement crush washer for its drain plug (like the one on the oil pan drain) ? Any idea what size it might be (if one is needed) ?

Cars are 95 and 99 Camry LEs, both 4 cyl auto.

Reply to
Justa Lurker

Mine is a 91 changed 10 times, same gasket, but for a first time drop the pan and use a new filter

Reply to
m Ransley

I went to this site, registered and looking through the do it yourself stuff and there is a photo of a Toyota oil filter and a qt of Toyota

10W-40 oil. It's my understanding 10W-40 is not approved, there is no certified seal on the oil. Right under the photo it says,"A guide to assist you in the proper replacement of genuine Toyota parts". Seems to me they could have found a better example.
(New).pdf
Reply to
Moe