2003 Camry 4 cyl block heater install

I recently installed a block heater in my 03 Camry XLE auto trans 2.4L 4 Cyl. The instructions included with the block heater did not specify the location of the hole the heater went into so I thought I would post the location for others to reference in the future. I found the hole on the left end of the engine about two inches above the top rear bellhousing bolt. You can spot the hole by shining a flashlight just above the battery, past the air cleaner box on the left end on the engine. Once you locate the hole installation is quite simple. Clean any debris from the hole, Attach the cord to the heater, Coat the heater element with the dielectric grease included with the block heater, with the retention clip facing the firewall insert the heater fully into the hole till clip hooks the corner of the block, route the cord to the grille area. I must say my hat is off to Toyota for making a block heater that you don't have to knock out a soft plug to install. Now I am ready for those -40 nights Northern Minnesota is famous for.

Reply to
Steve Peterson

Steve, Did you buy the block heater from Toyota? What was the cost?

Thanks Tony

Reply to
Tony Marsillo

Steve, Did you buy the block heater from Toyota? What was the cost?

Thanks Tony

I should have posted the part number. Toyota P/N CO140-00885US. Cost was about $35.00 + tax and shipping $42.00. My NAPA store wanted $107.00. Steve

Reply to
Steve Peterson