2003 Camry Air Filter

Help, can someone tell me if the air filter can be replaced without going to the dealer. If yes where is the filter located.

The cabin air filter I have no problem with.

Thanks

Reply to
Racer

A simple job. On the four-cylinder, if you open the hood and look at the battery, just behind the battery is what looks like a black plastic oblong box. Oh, I don't know the dimensions, but it maybe 12 inches in lenth, maybe 4-6" in depth. A hose attaches to the back at the top

On the right (driver's) side in front is one 10mm bolt and is duplicated on the backside by the same bolt. The cover is held on the left side by two hinge-type snaps instead of bolts.

Very simple thing to take off the bolts and slide the top out of the hinges. An extension rachet would help you reach the backside bolt.

Be aware, the filter installs in only one direction, so make sure you note which way the one you pulled out is installed BEFORE you remove it.

Also, the aftermarket filter I bought from Napa to replace the Toyota filter was a real tight fit. I had a tough time getting the hinges on the left side to snap into place with the new filter. If you get an original Toyota filter, you won't have that problem. Now, when I say it was tough, gee that meant the whole process from start to finish took maybe 9 minutes instead of five.

Reply to
timbirr

Thanks very much. This isn't mentioned in the manual.

Reply to
Racer

I have a 1996 Camry. I have not replaced the cabin air filter yet. Can you tell me how to replace the cabin air filter on your 2003 Camry?

Thanks, Tony

Reply to
TFG

Do you how to replace the Cabin Air Filter?

Thanks, Tony

Reply to
TFG

All the cabin air filter I have bought (both Toyota original and Napa Aftermarket) come with a printed instruction sheet on how to replace.

I don't know how the 96 is situated, but probably lower the glove box, disengage the ears securing behind the dashboard, unscrew any other "arms" holding it up and lower the glovebox totally down. Access should be behind that.

Best thing to do is either ask at the Toy parts department or go to the local library and look it up in Chiltons.

Reply to
timbirr