2003 Camry LE V6 questions

Few questions. Looking at a few 2003 Camry LE V6 options and have run into some conflicting information.

1) Does the 2003 LE V6 come with ABS standard? (OR: How can I tell if the car has ABS or not? What to look for?)

2) Is it possible to add the auto-light-sensor (for automatic headlight switching) to this vehicle? (I assume it just needs the light sensor?). If so, what work is required and what would the cost for this run to?

Thanks in advance for any information! :)

Reply to
rinthos

Look for a large aluminium unit with brake-lines attached under the bonnet.

Shouln't be too difficult, witha small piece of control circuitry and a relay or two.

It's not all that smart, just enough to sense door opening and then turning h/lights off until its next operated.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Jason,

re question 1: (Do I have ABS), thanks to your suggestion I realized that the anti-lock brake pump was just staring me in the face the entire time! Thanks!

re question 2: I worded it poorly before, but I'm referring to the light-sensor that is on the dash that turns the headlights on when it is dark outside, and the headlights off (and/or switches to daytime running lights) when it's not dark outside. Does it require rewiring the headlight lamp switches or is the light-sensor itself just a plug-in module that will function in the already-calibrated vehicle?

Thanks aga> > Few questions. Looking at a few 2003 Camry LE V6 options and have run

Reply to
rinthos

I could be, if it was a parallel circuit to the ordinary circuit. But further detail to speculate on, I dont have, sorry.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James