2003 Camry Turn Signals

Is there a way to make 2003 Camry Turn Signals click audibly? They are very quiet. Sometimes, I fail to notice that one is flashing, and drive on, puzzled by the funny expressions and hand and finger gestures my fellow- motorists direct at me.

I looked this up on Google but did not find a definitive answer. I apologise if it's an old and tired topic.

Reply to
Lyle Fairfield

The electronic flasher is probably too quiet in that car. Sometimes it's the enclosure or location that kept the noise down, because the electronic flasher in other Camrys sound pretty loud.

If you need to replace it, try the Tridon Flasher LF12 at your local parts store.

prices the "loud flasher", a mechanical one, at $9.88; the electronic one (EP35) at $17.99.

This should solve your problem.

Lyle Fairfield wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

BTW, the "loud" mechanical flasher seems to make use of two terminals vs. three the electronic one uses. The catalog says it should fit the

2.4L and 3.0L in the 03.

If in doubt, give Trico a call, such as if you need the LF12-K instead:

Lyle Fairfield wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Thank you. I'd love to do that. Do you know if the flasher is easily accessible? Is it under insulation behind the glove box as has been suggested to me?

Reply to
Lyle Fairfield

OK, I was bored and read it.

Why anyone would purchase an extended warranty on a Toyota is beyond me, but to buy it on a leased car sounds completely insane.

Anyway, it sounds like you did get your warranty extended by three months, and I think you are going a bit overboard with your complaints.

Reply to
Mark A

a bit? You think? sounds like a tempest in a teapot to me....since the owner didn't read the papers he was given at the time of the car's purchase, noting the backdating of three months' time, I'd have to say it's his responsibility to do so. I loved the letter from Toyota Canada at the end of the website...I've never seen smoke blown up somebody's ass quite so artfully.

Reply to
mack

Actually the Owner's Warranty Booklet contains a Registration Certificate which states:

I the undersigned, authorized representative of the company firm or corporation named below, certify that the NEW vehicle herein described is assigned ON THIS DATE for registration to the purchaser named below and the vehicle is NEW and HAS NOT BEEN PREVIOUSLY REGISTERED.

Toyota Credit Canada Inc P M McRoberts (signed)

11/09/2003.

That date, September 11, 2003 is the date I picked the car up. Toyota Canada Inc, Toyota Credit Canada Inc, and Burlington Toyota Inc now use the date May 29, 2003.

Thank you for prompting me to re-check this; I'll add a scan of the document to my page.

Now, if you could just tell me where the turn signal flashers on the

2003 Camry are located?
Reply to
Lyle

The flasher unit (electronic 3-plug) is rectangular and plugs into a patch panel under the driver side console. It's near the left foot rest and you should be able to see it and reach it.

Lyle Fairfield wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Thank you. I can find the left foot rest, I'm pretty sure! Tomorrow morning I'll be right at it.

Reply to
Lyle

I did not find the flashers. Of course this not mean that they are not there. It just means that I couldn't find them.

Reply to
Lyle

There is a small panel on the left side wall near the foot rest. It's inconspicuous and slightly obstrcuted by the driver console, but one of the things plugged in is the electronic flahser unit you see in the web site's parts picture. It's a larger cube that looks kinda like a relay.

Lyle wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

I spent some time searching. I couldn't find it. I know Im pushing my luck now but I took seven pictures of what I found down there.

If you have time to look at them

and tell me where the flasher is it would be wonderful. (the pictures are numbered for reference) If not, thanks for the great help you have been already.

If I can find the flasher I will take a (better) photo of its location and post it on my site; it will be as permanent as the site is and I am.

Reply to
Lyle

You are showing the pictures of the instrument panel fuse block that's near the steering column. That's too high and to much to the right.

You need to look lower and to the left, which is just about where your left foot would normally rest, and it'll be in the area to the left of your left foot.

Lyle wrote:

Reply to
johngdole