2003 Camry XLE Tires

I guess these are the same people who probably don't use synthetic oil either. I guess it all comes down to how you spend your $$. I put my $ into winter tires as opposed to leather interior. Ever sat in a car that was cold with leather interior? Its not pretty.

Charks wrote:

Car Guy

You can end up with frozen assets.

Reply to
Mark A

In news:q5rVb.456$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net, Mark A being of bellicose mind posted:

Like your mother used to say; "You'll thaw out of it!"

Reply to
Philip®

Hmmm. On my 99 Camry the OEM tire was Dunlop 4000 something, rated 92H.

Reply to
Charks

No argument from me on leather, however I HAVE been using synthetic oil in my 99 Camry since the recommended changeover point at 24,000 kilometres. Even on the coldest days here, at minus 35 Celsius, it started within a second.

Charks

Sooooooo... the car is speed governed for a max of 130 mph ... or more probably less.

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

In news:z9AVb.20208$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net, Philip® being of bellicose mind posted:

Just looked at a 2003 V6 Camry tonight. Had the OEM Goodyear Integritys on it. The tire is rated 92T. That's 118 mph tire.

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

Consumer Reports recently rated tires and found a couple of bargains. Check it out at your local library. I have to wonder if the MXV4 + that come with the new cars are different (cheaper quality) than replacements. I have no evidence but these tires should last a long time. I remember when Firestone tires were making the headlines it came out that some of the same model tires were made differently with no model name change depending on what batch you got.

Reply to
news.east.earthlink.net