2004 Camry AC Air-Conditioner Performance?

Today was mid 90's F and I used the AC in my year old Camry LE, probably for the first time in ernest this year. I would describe it as being unsatisfyingly cool, and definitely not cold. Is this normal or should I expect better? I'd like to know while it's still under warranty.

Also, I have an AC pressure guage. If anyone could tell me the recommended AC pressures I could test it myself.

Thanks

Reply to
Rick

There are specs for the output at the duct. If you call the dealer he will tell you what they are. All you need then is a digital thermometer to see if it is putting out the right temp air.

Reply to
Art

Today we had the mid 90's as well in Toronto, Canada and my 2002 Camry LE V6 cooled pretty nicely. The key is to make sure you set the airflow to the above vents, and put it to recycle so that it cools the system down faster. Once it does that, then I put it to fresh air and the car stays cool.

When I bought the car, I did have a problem with the A/C freezing up and this was fixed with changing a resistor and I never had that issue again.

Reply to
Car Guy