2004 Camry LE better suspension?

I own a 2003 Camry LE and my parents 2004 Camry LE has a more stiffer suspension, more similar to an Accord. Yet the published specs do not show any differences. Has Toyota tightened the tuning for 2004? It does steer and corner much better with a slight penalty handling bumpy roads.

Reply to
Ron

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Ron being of bellicose mind posted:

Ha! You should feel what's happened to the "new" Corolla compared to the previous body. Whole different rear suspension system resulting in very flat cornering but also ... somewhat stiffer ride on bumpy pavement.

Reply to
Philip®

Are the tires the same? Shocks the same? Anti-roll bars the same? Any/all of the items can have dramatic effects on the handling "feel." I'd compare tires first. Also, you are comparing a new car to one with a few miles. This can have an effect as well.

Ed

R> I own a 2003 Camry LE and my parents 2004 Camry LE has a more stiffer

Reply to
C. E. White

Both Bridgestone RE92 (OEM) tires. The shocks must have different tuning. The new 2004 LE feels more like the new Accord. Even the seats themselves are firmer than 2002/03 model. Dealer confirmed both observations.

After driving the 2004 LE, I like it (arrgh).

Reply to
Ron

Probably the shocks have already deteriorated in the older car. My

2001 Avalon had a decent ride for the first year but after just 16k miles the shocks (struts) are shot. I bet in a year you will no longer be impressed by the ride/handling of the 2004 Camry.
Reply to
Arthur Begun

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Arthur Begun being of bellicose mind posted:

Let me guess: your Crapsler(s) shocks lasted many times longer. Right? LOL

Reply to
Philip®

The Chrysler rides like new. But the original tires sucked and I replaced them. In later years the car came with good tires but not the 1999.

Reply to
Arthur Begun

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Arthur Begun being of bellicose mind posted:

Score one point for me. LOL

Reply to
Philip®

Unlike yourself, I'm beholden to no one. No special interests like Toyota or ultra right wing extremists like Bush. By the way, sure looks like it will be an interesting race. I suspect Bush has so much money it will be counter-productive. Did you see the hilarious anti-Dean commercial he put up. Looked like a skit on Saturday night live.

Reply to
Arthur Begun

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Arthur Begun being of bellicose mind posted:

Beholden? Hahahahaa. If you only knew me but ... don't let that ignorance dissuade you from judging me as if I operated on emotions, perceptions, and beliefs like you do.

I watch a total of about 2 hrs of TV a week. May I suggest you cut back on your exposure to the BOOB TUBE ... which in a veiled reference to Ms. Jackson.

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to