2004 Camry LE front end steering knock

I have a 2004 Camry LE w/50k miles. There is a light knocking sound if I swing the steering wheel side-to-side when stationary, as well as during general driving steering maneuvers. Any ideas what this might be? I am assuming it's too early for worn tie-rod ends or a worn rack+pinion.

TIA

Reply to
Rick

I think there is a tsb issued involving replacement of the steering shaft.

Reply to
qslim

Thanks. Found it:

Unfortunately it looks like it's an "under warranty only" fix.

Reply to
Rick

Talk to the deal and then Toyota's 800 line. Ask for "goodwill" warranty service.

Reply to
johngdole

thats absolutly right ther is tsb on the steering shaft to bee replaced there is a slight bit of pl in the area where the two pieces join

Reply to
MASTER-TECH