2004 Camry SE V4 or V6 Help me decide!

Your right about the warmp up and i'm well aware of it. Warmpup is one thing I do unlike alot of other drivers I know. And like I said I don't have a need to accelerate really quickly, it only puts tremendous amount of stress on the car without any real gain to driver. I just want to cruise at high speeds on a daily basis, which does provide some gain in time as you pointed out.

Reply to
JoeyJoJO

I've decided to buy a New 2004 or 2005 Camry SE. But I can't decide whether to go with V4 or V6. Sure the added horsepower of the V6 would be nice. But price/gas/additional maintenance costs are getting in the way of getting a V6. But then you only live once and V6 would prolly be more fun to drive.

Here's the Lowdown: I currently drive a 90 Camry V6 Deluxe (Not LE, not available back then) Its got 130K miles. Leather, Power seat/windows/sunroof/rear windows, cruise, Brake booster, cruise control. I get alot of compliments for it because its surprisingly quiet, accident-free, impeccable paint, and dent less. But for last 9 months I've been driving it 82 miles a day cause I live 41 miles from work. And its a smooth Complete Highway drive cause I live 5 seconds from the highway and my company is right off highway. Now because I work off-hours (No rush hour and I live in Northern Jersey commuting to Central Jersey), I drive 70-85 mph with a 14 year old camry. Sometimes I've even set the Cruise Control to 75mph because not that many other cars on road at 11 at night or early morning. Seriously!

But here's my real question based on what I just said. With a 2004 Carmy SE V4 would it be wise to drive it at 80-90mph on a Daily Basis? Would I be wearing out the engine sooner cause i'm pushing it more on a daily basis? Or would I be better off to pay the extra $3,600 for a SE V6. I'm not too interested in accerating really fast, just crusing at High speeds WITHOUT faster wear/tear.

Will this V4 handle my driving habits? What you guys think. I'm sure alot of you have asked this same question to yourselves before buying. Please everyone reply.

I vote for the V6 the SE has the goods for faster travel mine is great at 70 mph quiet - holds the road - no wind noise........etc sure, not as good mileage...........but a great ride bigger tires - wheels - and abs standard my 2002 SE V6 is the best car i have had! good luck herb

Reply to
Herbnn

Get the Le V6 2005. I love it.

Reply to
corrlens

His best bet is to check with the cops. They never travel at legal speeds, aren't required to consider other drivers or their families and are mostly impervious to driving relate injury - something special in their suits, I'd guess. Anyway, the OPs' best bet is to drive what they drive and at similar speeds.

Reply to
FanJet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi Joey, and thanks for relying courteously to my advice. (You could have said simply "f... off. I know what I'm doing.") But if you're going to drive at high speed, do check your tires frequently for wear and air pressure, and age-related weaknesses. I had a blowout once at 65, with a uhaul trailer behind me, and almost lost the car and myself, and I don't wish that experience on anybody!

Reply to
Mack Twamley