2004 Camry Speedometer failing intermittently

Check Engine light came on and I went to AutoZone for a reading which indicated: Vehicle speed sensor A malfunction - Code "PO500"

I think the car is out of warranty.

Would this be an expensive repair?

I am not too happy with this car, 1st warranty repair was for a squeaking clutch, 2nd warranty repair was for TSB ST002-04 or car drifting & pulling to the left.

So far this car has been more problematic than any other of the 6 new Toyotas I have purchased over the years.

Is Toyota quality going downhill or did I just happen to purchase a lemon?

Reply to
dr. dig

I wrote the message below this morning.

Went to do some shopping after writing the message and the speedometer is functioning and to top it off, the "Check Engine" light is no longer illuminated.

What gives?

I have a mystery on my hands and I am wondering if the situation will repeat?

I have a funny suspicion that this "problem" will recur.

Reply to
dr. dig

In US Warranty is 3 years or 36K miles --- so is it actually out of warranty?

Reply to
Wolfgang