2004 camry v6 quote

hi, im planning to buy a camry 2004 v6 from a private party. 30k miles. automatic, fabric seats, alloy wheels, ABS. He is quoting me the price of 17000$. kbb price for private party value is 16000 and for trade in value is 14000$. this is my first car purchase. Do I need to bargain for a price between trade in and the private party value? thanks for your help

Reply to
karthik4x4

Well, CARMAX has tons of brand new, 2007 Camry LE, 4 cylinder auto. at $20K. All 2007s have a far superior safety package than the 2004s. Do you really need that extra 50 HP?

New 2006 Honda Accord LX, 4 cylinder auto is selling for about $19K according to Edmunds.

Either of these new cars seems like a much better deal than that used Camry. The prices you show for the car assume a "clean" condition, with no mechanical or cosmetic work required. Do you know the car is this good? Does the seller have all the service records for the car (at least oil change receipts)?

Reply to
ACAR

kbb is on the high end of the price guides. Try Edmonds.com ? esp with Todays gas prices I would prefer the 4 cyl. My old 4 cyl 88 camry has 212K miles. Paint Looks like hell, but has had reg service/upkeep. it will still run 80 MPH down the highway all day long & get 30 mpg. It just depends on how bad you want that car. Offer him $15K The used car market is flooded with an over abundance of cars.

Reply to
sqdancerLynn