2004 Solara vs. Accord

I'm torn between this and the Accord coupe. (V6 models for both)

I probably like the Solara interior and softer ride, but the Accord seems to "drive" better (stronger acceleration, more deliberate shifts).

I really didn't like that the Solara hesitated to upshift upon more throttle application. Has anyone else noticed this?

Additionally, the LX V6 is still about $1,500 to $2,000 more than the Solara SE V6.

The dealership near my house has one LX V6 left, and apparently it's the only one in the 5-state region I'm in (upper Midwest). If it disappears during my period of indecision, I'll be getting the Solara.

Thoughts?

Reply to
Chris Aseltine

Only on the looks of the cars. The Solara is a flowing design, very smooth. It reminds me of a girl car. I think only girls look good in it. However it is distinctive looking and easily distinguished from other cars.

The Accord coupe looks like a Mitsubishi Eclipse or Hyundai Tiburon. It looks like almost every other wedge-shaped coupe out there. Even worse, the Accord sedan looks like a hyena. The back end is too short for the rest of the body.

Reply to
badgolferman

Chris;

I have not driven the new Solara, but have driven the new Accord. If you are short, the Accord might suit you better. Its seats are true buckets, and they support the body well.

Solara's interior styling is nicer, in my view. The dials, the metalic trim, The "zig zag" shifter, etc. But you can only get the Accord with V6, 6 Speed manual!

--Ibrahim

Reply to
Ibrahim

Some of the new Accords had transmission failures (so did a couple of Acuras) soon out of warranty. Make sure these new ones aren't affected.

Reply to
AV

I have a 2004 Solara sitting in the shop right now with transmission failure (756 miles) so it's not only Accords that have them My 2002 Solara had it transmission replaced at just a little over 3 thousand miles.

Reply to
Gabelschwanzteufel